Tuesday, May 29, 2012

loved and lost





top: thrifted
skirt: thrifted
belt: thrifted
shoes: winners
ring: avon via ebay
nail colour: essie lollipop

Hi, this is my kitchen. I think I've managed to strategically crop out (most of) the mess. I get really bored of taking photos in the same places all the time (and I think the photos suffer as a result) so I'm scouting out new locations in my little apartment. I'm thinking of getting a cheapy tripod and remote to make this easier. Maybe I'll even take photos outside!! The remote should at least get rid of the blank "waiting for the self-timer to go off" face I have in like every photo.



This ring may look familiar. I lost the original a month or two ago and feel a little lost myself without it. I don't usually get super attached to inanimate objects (you how quickly I cleared out my closet) but I wore this ring every day and I really missed the little thing! Luckily they were common as hell and I had no trouble finding one on eBay for $7.50, shipping in. 50 cents less than what I paid for the original at a flea market a few years ago! This one is shinier and a size smaller but it's successfully healed that little hole in my heart.


I've been pincurling my hair a lot lately. I don't really know HOW to do it, I just kinda roll it up mindlessly while I'm watching TV and hope it turns out ok in the morning. For some reason my hair has decided to stop curling on it's own any more. Annoying!!

I'm getting a wisdom tooth yanked out tomorrow and I'm oddly kind of excited for it. At least I'm excited for the comfy naps and babying that comes along with it.

7 comments:

  1. you look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern on your floor. And I curl my hair with a headband thanks to a youtube tutorial and I really love the results. You may wanna give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an excellent thrifter. This whole post is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because this post and the previous ones kind of tie-in together, I have a boyfriend who is a photographer (he was one before I even started blogging or before we were together) and he only helps me take pictures about 25% of the time. Get yourself the remote at least first, I got mine on ebay for $3, free shipping! granted it came from China. It definitely makes taking pictures MUCH easier. But I also have a hand me down tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is fabulous. My hair refuses to hold a curl because it's so dang straight. Love your blouse too as I'm a huge fan of leopard print. Hope you have a great weekend.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blouse! your hair is v pretty too... good luck for the teeth pulling, hopefully it didnt hurt too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an adorable young lady! I love your hair like that, short fringe and wavy, very 40's! Also envy your porcelain skin... You remind me of Andrea Riseborough :) Nice blog, just followed^^ :)xx

    nancywilde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...